View Single Post
Unread 05/03/2012, 10:15 PM   #1
tagraham
Registered Member

How fast does your tank consume Cal and alk and mag

I'm new in the sps world. Always Keeped softies for years. Recently I set up an sps tank that I'm quite proud of. Anyway it's not huge it a 29 display and a 20 sump running gfo carbon reef octopus skimmer reef keeper mp10 6x39 watt t-5. Bla bla. Bla. Anyway my source for cal alk and mag is Brs 2 part recipes 1. On dosing pumps or will be after I can get my load demand dialed in. Anyway I'm still trying to bring my alk up to about 9 dkh from about 7.8 to 8. My talk seems to be consuming pressty quickly as I only have 2 small sps frags about 2" each and some zoas. I try not to bring it up more than 1 dkh per day but it's kinda hard when day one was 7.8 Brought it up to 8 then today 7.5 then brought it up to 8.2. My other params are. Cal 480-485. Mag a little high at 1520. All checked with red sea pro test kits and I'm using red sea pro salt for water changes and I began with reg old IO. Also phosphates <0.00 nitrates 0.00. Could not even get them to color up to 0.00 color on test kits. So idk if that has anything to do with anything but figured I would just give you guys all the info I could think of. And both frags are doing well ( only had the a few days) but have good pe and just waiting to get some color back in them and fine tune this thing befor I start getting my hands on the nice frags. Any advice or input on this alk demand or whatever you see here that might be worth mentioning would be greatly appreciated thank you. Also this in on my I phone so please excuse the typos.

Current Tank Info: All sps nano, aprox 10 years in the hobby
tagraham is offline   Reply With Quote