View Single Post
Unread 11/04/2016, 05:30 PM   #9
falcona2552
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZinCO View Post
No pictures yet. argh, I'm sorry.

The plumbing is complete and I'm happy with it. The adapted durso is working well and is almost silent. With my 700gph pump split between two display tanks, I'm not getting the flow I want so after my plants and algae establish I will be adding in a powerhead.

I moved over most of the sand last night from my holding tank to my nano planted tank. I really did want to reuse the sand because my twinspot goby is an obligate sand sifter and needs mature sand. I hope he takes well to the tank. I also put one rock from the holding tank in because it has a few large musses living on it. I think all the barnacles have been pulled out of their shells by my fish and crabs. Many of the mussels have been eaten as well. I think over time my mussel population will diminish though I have had at least one new recruit. If I'm lucky my mussel population will grow. I also added a mussel bearing rock to my reef tank.

I will be moving the goby into the tank tonight after I put in some new macros and turtle grass. Right now I only have an aggressive, easy to care for sponge, feather caulerpa, and codium in the nano macro tank. Soon there will be more!

What are peoples thoughts on inverts for a planted tank? I'm thinking snails for sure, no crabs to re-decorate. Obviously no urchins, possibly something "decorative" like a sexy shrimp or a snapping shrimp paired up with an anemone.

In other news, I changed up my wet/dry so that it is now just a DSB in half of the sump. It also gave me room for a second heater and now a place to sump-dump undesirable critters. The trickling was maddeningly loud.

Sorry for the ranting, just wanted to post an update.
+1 sexy shrimp

Past system: 29G Biocube (2008-2011)
falcona2552 is offline   Reply With Quote