Thread: Protein Skimmer
View Single Post
Unread 07/21/2006, 09:10 PM   #89
Qcks
Registered Member

Just to pop in and de-lurk for a moment, i'd like to interject a few things.

it has been stated the Gas Bubble Disease mainly occurs in seahorses in tanks that are under 4 ft in height. Further, this issue seems related to the maintenance of Carbon dioxide in the blood of sea horses.

i have a limited experience with sea horses, but i do have a fairly advance knowledge of human medicine and biochemistry.

It seems that the issue is pressure.

The Seahorses seem to be suffering from a fish only version of pulmonary edema or decompression sickness. enviromental stress can worsen either of these two pressure related problems in humans.

While i'm not a moderator, y'all seem to be attacking each other pretty savagely. i can instantly gauge each of your opinions on this issue after having read the first page. pledosophy and RichConley have radically different approaches to fish keeping; after reading page 2 i highly doubt either of you like each other. While i'm a general pessimisst, i think everyone has at least that level of perception. As for the use of protein skimmers on a sea horse tank, I've never heard of a protein skimmer messing with the water pressure of a tank. Having said that, use of a protein skimmer is a matter of personal preference.

anyway

Qcks is offline   Reply With Quote