View Single Post
Unread 01/04/2009, 07:14 AM   #25
robertifly
Premium Member

BeanAnimal, help!

Hey BeanAnimal, great system you've come up with and the build thread is awesome, very detailed and concise I've been with it for a long time and have my tank set up with the of design. It works better than anything I've seen or not heard, heh, heh. I have one question I need help with please. My setup is typical to yours and LoneRanger shown just above with one exception in that my collection box is outside the back wall which doesn't affect anything it's just I decided I'd rather use space behind tank rather than in tank for it. All plumbing is 1.5" all the way, one valve on the full siphon drain, the open channel and emer. drains have no valve. I have the full siphon drain valve set to regulate the flow so I get some water thru the open channel that I have plumbed to the refugium to feed it a low flow. Here's the question: When I shut down the system to feed or service and restart the open channel drain will cycle from full siphon to empty the overflow box many times before the full siphon finally gets going and takes over, up to an hour or more. Then it is just fine until stopped/started again, what can I do to get the full siphon to start up sooner. Sorry for such a long post but this is the ONLY complaint and not really a big problem, it's just the only thing wrong with otherwise "PERFECT SILENT DRAIN SYSTEM" thankyou for all the aquarists you've helped.

Current Tank Info: none
robertifly is offline   Reply With Quote