View Single Post
Unread 06/21/2009, 11:47 AM   #1
uhuru
Registered Member

uhuru's return to nano reefs Elos Mini

I have been "setting up" a 250g system in a dedicated fish room for almost a year now. In the mean time, I kinda missed having a nano tank. I came across a used Elos Mini and couldn't resist.

Here is the tank after it was delivered (by the original owner - a very nice guy!).

I spent a good 8 or 9 hours setting the tank up. There was a good amount of coralline to scrape. Getting up close and personal with the tank I really appreciated the craftsmanship that went into the Elos. I couldn't find a single flaw. After that I installed a GFCI outlet and then started with the rockwork and such. After setting it all up last night:

The tank is still a little cloudy. I was going to do V/S/V and Prodibio but I decided to go with Zeovit because I already have all the supplies and stuff was gonna start going bad soon. I may have overdosed start2 last night but no biggie. Zeolith rocks and carbon are run passively in the sump.

As I anxiously await my MP10 I am temporarily running an MP40w that is for my bigger tank. I have a small wave going with short pulse mode.

Full frontal shot, it was mentioned on another forum that this might spell out "Elos" hehe:

uhuru is offline   Reply With Quote