View Single Post
Unread 03/08/2018, 05:50 PM   #9
BrettDS
Registered Member

Well, I’ve made some additional progress. I got a Radion XR15 Pro Freshwater to light the new improved fuge. It might be a little overkill, but I already had a radion mounting arm, it integrates with my other radions, and it can produce white light to double as a sump cabinet light, which the kessil H380 couldn’t do (I have magnetic sensors on the sump doors, so the apex automatically turns on the light when I open a door)

I also installed feeds off of the two return return pumps for the new frag tank. Unfortunately one of them wound up pointing in the wrong direction due to the way the PVC was originally run and space constraints, but I’m just planning to use 1/2 inch vinyl tubing to run out to the frag tank so it can just loop around. I considered just doing a single feed, but I figured I have two return pumps for fault tolerance and I would want the frag tank to keep running if one return pump failed, so I want ahead and did them both.

Finally I moved the radion XR15 Pro that was over the combined fuge/frag tank and mounted it to the top the cabinet where the new frag tank will go.

Now I just need to build a frame to hold the new frag tank up, actually acquire the tank, and drill it. I got two 1” bulkheads to use to drain the tank into the sump. I’m trying to decide if I want to be impatient and go out and get the tank now or wait for Petco’s dollar per gallon sale, which looks like it might happen at the beginning of next month.

I guess I’ll build the frame first and try to locate my 1.75” diamond hole saw, which might require spending some time cleaning the garage. Once I have everything ready I’ll figure out how impatient I am.

BrettDS is offline   Reply With Quote