View Single Post
Unread 01/29/2018, 08:24 AM   #23
zooman72
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefkeeperZ View Post
mounting is a non issue for me, as long as the lights have a location to attach something to I can fabricate what I need for mounting or suspending the lights.
I prefer to have either option (i.e. mount or hanging) as it gives me flexibility going forward, and not having to come up with a mounting solution allows one to worry about other issues.

Quote:
I already have a 150W halide pendant that I was considering going back to, but I was hoping for an LED option for energy efficiency, which is why I created this thread, if there arent any LEDs that can truly give me what I want I will go back to other lighting. but this thread is all about LEDs for me I'm trying to get a feel for whether or not I can accomplish what I want with LED or not.
I probably should have been more "tactful", but I continue to be amazed that so many here on RC automatically default to the standard debate item of "which is better?", followed by advising one to forget LED and go with MH/T5. It wasn't necessarily egregious here, and I apologize for "mucking up" the thread.

Quote:
That's not necessarily a bad thing I could easily do SPS center fading to softies on the edges to non-photosynthetic at the outer regions, I do have a liking for sponges and gorgonians.
Many would steer clear of that exact scenario, as certain SPS would have shading issues under even an A360we, but I have not personally attempted it, so I am not absolutely certain. I would not recommend it though, as I have attempted such layout and just soft corals and anemones, and shading was an issue after a while. It was not terrible, but might have been an issue if I had kept certain SPS in abundance.

A single Kessil is not really analogous to a MH in spread (power maybe), as the reflectors of most MH offer greater "spread" due to to reflection within the unit, and that cannot be exactly replicated with the diode cluster of the Kessil. In this case, you will find a lot of recommendations to add T5's (i.e. retrofit) to that Kessil.

Current Tank Info: Marine: Pair of 40B's, 45W, 50g cube, ADA 45F at home...IM Nuvo 20 and 10 at office!
zooman72 is offline   Reply With Quote