View Single Post
Unread 09/01/2017, 06:38 PM   #9637
karimwassef
Registered Member

I have to emphasize that most people use scrubbers to export. I experimented and have been successful with sequestration and recycling, but it's not the common use. In any case, I think algae is the solution - whether you sequester, recycle or export.

Some people can't put a scrubber large enough. Some people don't like the sound. Some people don't like the smell... there are solutions to all these issues, but that's my take on why scrubbers are not yet as popular as skimmers.

Any mechanical filtration creates waste. That includes skimmers. Large particulates are just bigger food. Some people can't stand the look of particulates in their water - I think it's natural. If you must have mechanical filtration, you need to clean it constantly to avoid creating waste. Every time you do, you're removing food from the tank.

Failure isn't an option It's a requirement. 660g 380inwall+280smp/surge S/L/Soft/Maxima/RBTA/Clown/Chromis/Anthias/Tang/Mandarin/Jawfish/Goby/Wrasse/D'back. DIY 12' Skimmer ActuatedSurge ConcreteScape
karimwassef is offline   Reply With Quote