View Single Post
Unread 09/30/2017, 11:56 PM   #177
Subsea
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimwassef View Post
Hey subsea. I'm planning a 1500gal solar tank in Dallas. You have a 10,000 gal with greenhouse macro in Austin? What is that like? Want to drive up a few hours and help me out mine together?
I have read your thread and have made post. I find it extremely interesting. I am presently married to bringing an outside system on line of three 150G Rubbermade tanks buried in the ground. The last time I operated this system with live rock and coral during the winter, it broke the bank and I shut it down, I have decided to change inhabitants that can handle changing eviromental conditions. Going to the coast to collect green mollies and pods. I have already put 50 mixed mollies from my lagon propagation tanks inside into one tank outside that will have fish and Calurpa Prolifera. I have also found 5 species of pods at liveaquaria, between these aquacultured pods and wild caught at the Texas coast I hope to maintain diversity thru the winter months. When I operated the 10KG greenhouse system I circulated water from 10K system to tanks buried in ground for geothermal stability. During the months of July and August, that geothertmal stability cost $1000 each month in electricity. I used two 1HP fans during the hottest part of the day. Humidity was the lowest at this time promoting more effective evaporation. Main circulation was acomplished with a 2HP blower to move water and promote evaporation. Evaporation misters were supplied with a 1 HP centrifugal pump, Due to the summer heat gain, this was econominal unfeasible and I pulled the plug.
I would enjoy visiting, to see your systerms and your vision. In the short term, I don't have time. I will suscribe to your thread and contribute, if I can. I have learned to say I don't know enough but let us research it out. Hopefully, by spring, I will have stabalized this geothermal visit to allow me a few days away.

Current Tank Info: 10,000G. Greenhouse Macro Growout
Subsea is offline   Reply With Quote