View Single Post
Unread 05/07/2009, 05:21 PM   #63
Aquarist007
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Insane Reefer
[B]hmmm...

Perhaps you should do a bit more reading then, kiddo.

Manufacturer: Mardel

Benefit: Due to its unique properties, Maracyn-Two is absorbed by the fish through the skin. During the prescribed treatment, the concentration of Maracyn-Two in the fish fluids rises to a therapeutic level and is available to fight systemic infections susceptible to its action.

And, according to the BOOKS I've read, (like this one: http://books.google.com/books?id=dIL...um=16#PPA17,M1),
a good many of the things like vitamins and minerals (calcium for one) that a fish needs are absorbed through the skin as well as the gills.

Might expand your knowledge base before bashing someone else's knowledge, dude - just because YOU haven't heard of it or read it doesn't mean it isn't reliable or factual...
sorry--I feel bad here--the first post this gentleman makes on here after I coaxed him---you are all over it

I don't feel that there is any bashing here--just a different perspective---that's how we learn on here.
I was actually the guy who invited him to post here because he took the time to post using some of his expertise.
So please don't stiffle the exchange of ideas here or we all lose

that said--I have a question for Jake---how is vitachem that we add to the water taken in by fish if they do not have the capability to absorb through the skin

Current Tank Info: 150gal long mixed reef, 90gal sump, 60 gal refugium with 200 lbs live rock
Aquarist007 is offline   Reply With Quote