View Single Post
Unread 01/02/2018, 10:12 AM   #471
MrsReefK
Registered Member

Jeremy made an awesome nori feeder yesterday that lifts out of the tank so I don’t have to climb the ladder and reach in every time the nori needs changed. The tangs are consuming around 5-6 sheets a day, I was ready for an easier way to change it!

I’ll grab some pics once the lights come on in a bit, it took the fish about 1/2 day to get comfortable with the new setup, but now they’re going to town on it!

There’s still aggression going on with the new tangs, really it’s down to just the powder brown picking on the Blue hippo. It’s definitely gotten better, but there’s aggression, causing everyone to be on edge/timid a bit.

With the AWC and CaRX running these past few months I cannot believe the colors that are coming out in the SPS. There’s 2 frags I was going to move because they looked so unhappy, browned out and very little growth. In the past month both drags are colored up amazingly (one is a bright purple, I had no idea) and growing rapidly. Amazing the difference of having the right chemistry/equipment running.

Skimmer flooded the fish room two times in the past month. We were trying to dial it in a bit more and apparently overdid it. None of the leak detectors from our Apex went off, thankfully discovered it with only about 2-3 gallons drained onto the floor.

Still have yet to catch the darn clown in the DT so the others can come up to the DT. His partner is waiting patiently with 2 bicolor BTA’s in our frag tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrsReefK is offline   Reply With Quote