View Single Post
Unread 01/10/2011, 01:09 PM   #119
5Starreef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylesser View Post
I want to do the math here to be sure. You are using 1/8 of a Baytril(enrofloxacin) 136 Mg tablet. So 136/8 = 17Mg per 6 gallons, or 2.83 Mg a gallon. If that is correct, that is a significantly lower dose than I was using. I was up around 20Mg a gallon. Your anemone looked better at the end than mine did in "QT" for sure. FWIW the gigantea you are working with appears to be a lot smaller than the other two as well. Im not sure what conclusions to draw. Interesting. I wish you continued success in your DT. Please keep us posted.
My Gigantea is about 5-6 inches.
The first and the second day I was dosing 1/8 tablet for 5 gal.
The third day I was dosing 2/8 per 6 gal.
The 4rd day at 8 am I saw the anemone was not doing well, it was inflated but its mouth was open, at this point I change the full water for water of the DT, I did not add the antibiotic. Immediately the anemone inflated in full and close its mouth. I left the anemone in the QT until 4 Pm then I put it in the DT.
The anemone was throwing the brown/black staff that beuchat was talking about in his last post, during all the treatment, when I was adding 2/8 the anemone was throwing a lot more of the brown/black staff.

This is how it looks today. I try to have the clowns away for a while, but as soon as the light went on they were hosting it.

Anemone Blue 1
Anemone Blue 2

In my case I saw that the anemone was much better the second day that the following days, but the last two day was throwing more black staff from his mouth than the days before.

The anemone was not expose at lights at any time during the treatment.

I think the anemone is not fully recover, it is all the time inflated, but sometimes is a 100% at sometimes at 75%. We will see how this is going...