View Single Post
Unread 10/19/2012, 01:54 AM   #5
chaseg89
Registered Member

biglurr54, that is the problem I didn't want to run into down the road was a bunch of equipment crowding the tank and taking away from the aesthetics of it, sounds like you have a good plan though. I did some research and the lifereef overflows sound like they are really great.

swcc, My plan is to do a 10% weekly water change, and to top off daily. We have gone through some things with our other tank where it really would have been nice to have a sump so I don't want to be looking back wishing I had done it to begin with, but its only an idea right now I am not sure yet what I am going to do. I am planning on a Cobalt neo-therm heater which the owner of our LFS told me would be good because it is super thin, and they look really nice.

CAPSLOK, the HOB from Lifereef is no bigger than the stock filter that will already be going in the tank, but not as small as the GH overflow you mentioned. Drilling tanks makes me nervous, especially this one because I think the glass is thinner than usual otherwise that would be a good solution.