View Single Post
Unread 02/09/2018, 12:16 PM   #18
mch1984
Registered Member

So I know I am a ways out from this but wanted to get some input while I'm waiting on the rock to get here and start that process. I want to discuss the cycle. I understand what it is and how it processes and all that, but I've read a lot of different methods and wanted to see what you guys thought about my plan. I watched the BRS ULM tank series and really liked the process they had decided to go through with a few modifications. I'm not going for an ULM tank but still like their cycle ideas, so here is my plan.

1st month - Black out the tank, no lights on. Add cheato, refugium lighting, and pods from day one. I plan on using the red sea cycle kit and will start it at this point.

2nd month - take the black out off but continue to run with no lights. Probably add a small clean up crew at this point and try to introduce coraline. Add more pods and increase refugium lighting times.

3rd month - slowly start running light and probably add some more clean up crew and my first fish at this point.

Any edits or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated it's just my initial though on it.

mch1984 is offline   Reply With Quote