View Single Post
Unread 11/26/2014, 08:12 AM   #55
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterP View Post
Good luck on the comeback.

Sidebar- Where do you get calcium nitrate and how are you dosing it?
Thanks for the luck.. Need as much of that as patience and knowledge.. I guess one has to strike the balance there as well..

I got my cano3 from a hydroponics shop in Montreal..
They are not thrilled to sell it to strangers because it's big sister, sodium nitrate can be used to make bombs, I guess. Maybe cano3 can as well..
When I called to inquire about it, the person on the phone said they had nothing like that, but once I went in and talked with the guys a bit and they learned what I needed it for, they sold me some..
People say sodium nitrate is easier/better to use because it doesn't impact calcium levels like cano3 but in my experience, the quantity needed, generally, to raise n to just above 0 has little effect on the calcium level.. Maybe in a huge system, you might have an issue..

Oops, as for dosing, I dissolve it in ro water along with my vsv mix and add two doses a day- morning and night.

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote