View Single Post
Unread 04/08/2010, 09:01 AM   #9
mbrady
Registered Member

OP Response

My megaflow standpipe drains into a Megaflow wet dry now. The water falls through another PVC standpipe into a section in the wet / dry that is 13 1/2"L X 3"W X 17'' high. This section is enclosed except for two inchs from the top one one side. The water than flows over a baffle into a prefilter tray into the sump section. Yes there are air bubbles, occasionally a little toilet flush affect.The bubbles dispate after a short while and do not make it to the return pump. As far as noise the hum from the pumps is louder than the overflow.
If the suggestion was do not split the drain but split the return. I was concerned with limiting the flow back into the main tank. If as suggested the max flow on the drain side is 300 to 600 GPH than a return pump rated at 900 GPH seems to strong. What happens to the 300 GPH difference or does the pump only operate at what the drain pipe flow rate.

MY ultimate goal is to replace the Megaflow wet / dry with a DIY combination sump and refugium.

My concern is presently I can live with the current set up bubbles, occasional toilet flush and little noise.
If I change out the wet / dry with a DIY Sump will I create something I can not live with

mbrady is offline   Reply With Quote