Thread: petco
View Single Post
Unread 02/29/2012, 09:46 AM   #235
Tin_Whistler
Mayor of Podunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS Samurai View Post
@ Tin_Whistler an "acceptable" life will never equate to a natural life. There is nothing corrupt about my data, its just a fact. Once you remove a fish from the ocean it will perish in a human's custody at some point, whether it's in your tank, my tank or at your local Petco. This whole thread was created to bash on Petco after people have witnessed deceased livestock certain stores. I guess Petco is supposed to be this magical place, where Cyano never exists, hair algae is a myth and death will never occur. Veterinary assistance? When have you ever taken your yellow tang to the vet?
And leaving that fish in the ocean guarantees it's death as well.

Because again, everything dies. Don't tell me you're using appropriate data because you're not. You're taking information, and twisting it disingenuously to try and falsely prove a point.

And yes, people bash larger chain stores because in general they care more about quick profits than keeping their livestock as healthy as possible. To be honest, its the same for most non chain stores as well. But if I can go into a store and see a handful of fish floating and polluting the water at one store, and not see that at another store, I'll go to the second one.

As for the tang question, No, I have never taken a yellow tang to the vet. I also have never owned a yellow tang. Personally I'm not a fan of them, and I think there are several other more interesting tangs one can keep instead.

Also, for most fish illnesses I don't need to take it to the vet. A solid knowledge of fish heath issues, and a good quarantine system makes the fish keeper the vet.

Tin_Whistler is offline   Reply With Quote