View Single Post
Unread 02/04/2016, 12:11 PM   #2959
PorkchopExpress
Registered Member

i honestly have no idea why it didn't work the second time and there were too many variables that changed for me to make any accurate assumption...it was a brand new, much bigger tank, new sandbed, new corals, new fish, new lights, new equipment, etc. the only things that remained from the old tank were live rock, encrusted corals, and a few fish

the UV never really went offline either so the second bloom happened as the UV was still online...the bulb could have gone out, that's certainly a possibility that allowed the dino to bloom but even after i changed it for a brand new Philips one, the dinos didn't go away and were not affected in the slightest

as mentioned several times now, what definitely worked for me was the 3 day blackout + UV, and dirty + pods/phyto...the 3 day blackout not only made the dinos recede but i honestly couldn't find any at all after uncovering on the 3rd day...and the dirty method plus pods/phyto has eliminated any trace of them...i was able to borrow a microscope and cannot find any

PorkchopExpress is offline   Reply With Quote