View Single Post
Unread 06/24/2010, 10:50 AM   #9
Wzrdbear
Registered Member

It sounds like they are congragating where there is a food source, and they are simply getting closer ( remember the 2.5 to 3 inches? ) to the food source.They still arent eating the coral, just getting closer to the source of food, in this case, debris and possibly what is attacking your corals which might even be protozoal or bacterial. They are actually pretty good for your tank. Its one of the reasons i stopped using mexican turbo snails. They would bulldoze or graze one of my corals and literally scrape flesh off. This small opening in the coral is enough to kill the whole thing and is also like ringing the dinner bell. Copepods, hermits, some fish that are "reef safe" even are opportunistic feeders. normally they wouldnt touch it, but dangle food in thier face, and they will take it. If you have a refugium or a quarantine tank set up, i would suggest a move till they get better. Lots of carbon and good indirect water movement, elevated iodine or a uv sterilizer and good skimming would be a good start to help them.

Best of luck

Any luck with the night spotting?

Wzrdbear is offline   Reply With Quote