View Single Post
Unread 06/14/2017, 08:22 AM   #39
kainic
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahin View Post
What a turn around for your corals. I think the corals were starving. What do you think?
I totally think they were starving.

What's the current state of the tank. Still high NO3, even higher (50ppm) and PO4 around (0.07-0.1). Some people said that they needed their PO4 to reach 0.2 to see their NO3 decrease. Ed (Big E) started a nice discussion in Matt's thread (here) about ratios. I'm far from the "ideal" ratio for the bacteria to work. Now I'm having a Marine Pure 8*4*4 block, 3l of Siporax and carbon dosing. Not sure what route should I take. I'm happy with the survival and pretty ahppy with the colour of some corals but I know that lower levels would give me the colour I'm looking for.

I did rearrange my scape because I almost had no space on the sides between rock and glass. The corals did feel the change and lost some color.

I'm now battling AEFW. Found them in my A. florida when doing my rock basting routine. When I saw them I blamed myself for not realising before. The colony showed poor polyp extension and lost some colour and I did not relate it to any pest. D*mn!

I purchased a Macropharyngodon bipartitus, 4 Chrysiptera springeri and started dosing Zeovit Flatworm Stop. I do baste my colonies every second day and dip my frags twice per week. I'll keep with this routine for 8 weeks and see if I can manage the infestation. If I see not positive results, I'll have to chisel encrusted colonies to dip every single acropora in the tank. Now I'm more for the control than for the erradication.

Thanks for visiting Sahin (please update your thread )

"Every man can be, if he tries, sculptor of his own brain", Santiago Ramón y Cajal
kainic is offline   Reply With Quote