View Single Post
Unread 09/08/2007, 11:41 AM   #34
jnarowe
Registered Member

Funny thing is I still remember all those shots. I have to thank you again for your superb documentation and all the great ideas I have gotten from your system. I have several "Weatherson" DIY items in my system!

The only thing I used that turned ugly was the "Weatherson" mechanical shut off for my skimmer. I made a judgement error in using this idea in that while it does compress the head and effectively stop the skimmer bucket from overflowing, it does not shut off the air. So in my CC airstone skimmer, the pressure would build up and eventually I got a leak, which I fixed. Then I got another leak, which I again fixed.

And then my skimmer exploded while I was standing right next to it!! It had been weakened over time by the 100 liters/minute air pump...now I have switched to electronic float switch to shut down the air pump...lesson learned, but it sure makes for a great story!

I am glad you posted the fishing line mod to the Penductors. I have some on the way, and have a serious snail population in my tank at about 10,000+. I also have an air pump on the way to use for injecting air. I think that in combination with wild waves generated by the Vortechs, and air injection, I probably can come very close to how a real reef keeps itself clean.

Your pics are great Joseph and you are a true inspiration!

Current Tank Info: 70g fresh planted
jnarowe is offline   Reply With Quote