View Single Post
Unread 11/14/2012, 07:12 PM   #24
cmaxwell39
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmfish View Post
I say keep your current fish, one because they are nice fish, and two because it is a model citizen in your reef so far.

As far as another fish, if you really like the scribbled then I would get it, BUT I think with sexually dichromatic fish like these angels you won't really appreciate either species unless you have a pair. The personifers get an awesome mask in the male, and the male scribbled has an intricate body pattern.

That being said, it doesn't seem like you want another personifer... and finding a pair of scribbleds that are reef safe may be a challenge.

I'd get another personifer.

Thanks for your input. I really don't think I have enough room in my tank for another large angel. It is the a 150 (72x24x20 same footprint as a 180, but four inches shorter.) I already have nearly 20 fish in this tank. While a lot of them are flasher wrasses, and smaller fish, I do have two tangs (whitecheek and Kole.) Just worried about bioload, otherwise having a pair of angels might be a possiblilty.

If I were to pair them, would I look for a larger fish to put with the one I currently have, or would I need to wait for this one to mature a little to see if I have a male or female? (do they change sexes, or are they either male or female their entire life)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitr View Post
I won't keep this on a reef unless you have SPS only tank.
Also I might be a hybrid too because all of the baby personifer I have seen doesn't look like that
My tank is a 100% SPS reef, so I am not overly concerned with coral decimation. I do not have any softies or LPS that it could go after.

I hadn't considered it being a hybrid. What might it hybridize (I think that is a word) with? That would actually be really cool, as it would make it very unique. Would be really interesting to see what kind of colors develop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenterConsole View Post
I love the scribbled but from experience, raising juvi angels and watching them change is truly rewarding. Glad LA took care of the difference for you, I'd expect nothing less from them.

I agree. That is one of the reasons to buy a fish so small was to be able to watch its colors change as it matured.

And yes, while some people complain about the price of fish on LA, especially DD, their customer service is one of the reasons that I will gladly pay a little more for a fish. Very few companies would have stood behind the sale 10 months later. Says a lot for the kind of company they run.

cmaxwell39 is offline   Reply With Quote