View Single Post
Unread 05/01/2012, 02:54 PM   #1171
Alex T.
Registered Member

Jeremy, I am now even more confused than 3 days ago when this all started.

You're saying that the red nozzle being all the way closed blocks more air coming in from the venturi. I understand that fully, yet why is it that when I start unscrewing the red nozzle on the pump to allow more air in that the water level in the skimmer rises and water gushes out the waste port like Niagara Falls? I even have bubbles exiting the riser tube through the hole where the airline goes up. With the wedge pipe fully open and the venturi fully closed shouldn't water still be able to exit making the minimal amount of bubbles? I'm making bubbles all the way to the top of the cup where they overflow immediately and out through the waste port into the sump again. Could I have really added that much Prime to see this happening? It states on the bottle that it will not make the skimmer over react. It's been 3 days, 30 gallons of water changes and it is not subsiding even for a second...just a constant stream of water exiting the collection cup unskimmed...with a sump full of bubbles.

Current Tank Info: Currently in reboot mode
Alex T. is offline   Reply With Quote