View Single Post
Unread 08/03/2015, 03:22 PM   #1
ijnoj09
Registered Member

ijnoj09's Cadlights 70G Artisan II Build

Hi All, I wanted to start a thread on my new Cadlights 70G Artisan II Build. I've been a long time lurker on Reef Central and have been out of the hobby for almost 10 years. I previously kept 10G, 20G and 40G reef tanks in the past and when I tore down my last tank, I thought I would never get back into the hobby. The past year or so I've been itching to start up another tank and finally took the plunge and dove back in. I'm really amazed and how much the hobby has advanced since I was in it back then.

This will be my first tank running a sump so I'm pretty excited to finally set up a tank the way I've always wanted. I was a little apprehensive about ordering a cadlights tank from all the horror stories I've read about misc parts missing in orders and they're customer service. I ended up ordering the tank from a LFS that I've had a great relationship over the years, he gave me a great deal and I figure if I ever had a problem with the tank, he could help me get it squared away with cadlights.

Picked up the tank last friday and I was really impressed with how everything was packaged. The tank and stand were built well and everything seemed to be included that should've came with the package. My only gripes are that the sump design didn't look like the pictures I've seen online and the plumbing. I'm converting the plumbing to standard and hardplumbing everything, part's should be arriving tomorrow. I've never worked with PVC before so this should be interesting.

Very excited about getting this new project underway and sharing my journey with you all, stay tuned.

ijnoj09 is offline   Reply With Quote