View Single Post
Unread 08/17/2015, 09:45 PM   #1551
Quiet_Ivy
Registered Member

Quote:
Have you considered planting a large mass of chaeto or grape caulerpa?
Maybe get a green hair algae rock from a local reef keeper or store?
I have a huge ball of chaeto taking over the right side of my tank. It's full of bristleworms! Ech. The rock sounds like a good idea. Only one LFS and they don't allow algae, but someone local must have killer algae.

Quote:
I would shut off the skimmer and raise phosphates otherwise green algae might not show up

I dose Brightwell NeoPhose so that I sit around 0.02 ppm. Otherwise Hanna URL says 0.000ppm
I really go back and forth on the skimmer. On the one hand it's not doing much due to being crammed in the back of an all in one with fluctuating water levels. On the other hand, my tank is very deep and I know one of my pumps is flakey. It's probably oxygenating the water if nothing else.

Phosphate will surely come up with the mysis. I'd like to dose nitrate, but I can't find a reasonably pure form of it locally.

thanks for the advice
ivy

Current Tank Info: 28g aio, 105 watt CF lights, no sump or skimmer. 2 sexy shrimp, tiny frogspawn, tiny toadstool, tiny lps. Started Feb '15
Quiet_Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote