View Single Post
Unread 02/09/2012, 05:51 PM   #8
GreshamH
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilliams62 View Post
I need help..... I am trying to culture those Tigger-Pods from Reef Nutrition and the other day I put in a bunch of Phyto-Feast maybe too much and when I went into the room there was a god awful smell coming from the water. Found several dead bristleworms in the water because I had put a few small live rocks in the water so they would populate on the rocks and then I could put those rocks into the DT.
Did I just put to much Phyto-Feast in there are was it because of the worms being dead?
They are not multiplying like I had hope for either I do not know what I am doing wrong.

Please can someone help this poor giril out with ADVISE....
If your culture smelled that bad after putting the PF in, you put way too much in. It doesn't take much Phyto-Feast.

I would forgo putting live rock or any other substrate for them, they don't need it and the introduction of other pests that may prey upon them. The water in Tigger-Pods is RODI & Instant Ocean, nothing else. Its perfectly fine to dump into your aquarium.

Feel free to email us directly if you have questions on any of our products... techsupport@reedmariculture.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilliams62 View Post
I have several Pep Shrimps in my DT and I am trying to get a large population grown before putting them into my DT so I can eventually get a Mandarin down the road. I have put several bottles of both Tigger-Pods & Reef pods in my DT but I cannot see them at all not even with a red flashlight at night. So I do not know if the shrimps are eating them or not I don't think the fish that I have would be eatting them.
Most likely your shrimps are feasting on them. If you have mysids or amphipods, they'll eat em as well.

GreshamH is offline   Reply With Quote