View Single Post
Unread 02/27/2011, 11:29 AM   #1
LemonLemon
Registered Member

butterflies in reefs

I can't get enough!

i started out like everyone. a stereotypical reefer who would cringe at the very sight of a butterfly, fearing for my corals.

soon i started taking risks, and learning more and learnt that there are many reef safe ones.

then i took the first bite. a longnose butterfly. which has been with me ever since. i like it more and more! so i got a marginalis, which is not with me anymore

now i'm hooked so deeply i can't get out. i'm a fan of butterflies and even bigger fan of them in reefs. i take time sharing about butterflies in reefs to my friends in my local forum about reef safe butterflies from the genus forcipiger, chelmon, prognathodes, hemitaurichtys and i'm glad to see that some of my friends have taken the chance too!

i now have a declivis, mitratus, longnose in the display, and a semeion in QT. the semeion is a tough nut to crack!

i love butterflies and reef safe is beyond me now. in a SPS tank, the damage done is quite minimal. and i'm even keeping some LPS too! so much so that i got myself a semeion and i'm getting a paucifasciatus soon. i cannot wait for it to come! it's been years since they were made available!

that should fill my quota..for the number of butterflies in one tank.

so to the wind with reef-safeness i say!

any butterfly in reef tank lovers here? i know there are some!