View Single Post
Unread 12/26/2012, 01:48 PM   #1
Ghstwolf
Registered Member

Kole Tang not taking to Nori.

My wife and I recently purchased a Kole Tang for our 90g system. The fish was kept at the LFS for us for 2 weeks prior to purchase, during which time I did watch it eat, and kept an eye out for any visable signs of stress or disease.

We added her, to our tank and she fits in perfectly.. She grazes on the rockwork and sides of the tank, and will even eat the mysis/reef chilli mix I feed. But she will not touch Nori (red or green)...

Is this common for this type of tang? We have kept a yellow in the past, but that is a different species.. It "seems" very healthy (stomach not sucked in) and she is very active and loves the open rockwork..

Just curious is all.. I have been added small pieces of the red and green nori to the tank each day on clips to see if I maybe she get used to it.. They feed only flake at my LFS and I personally HATE flake food, but will go to it if it means keeping her alive.

Current Tank Info: 90 gallon LPS/Softie mixed reef, Reef Octopus NWB150, 2xEcoTech Radions, Aqueon Proflex Model 4 sump, 75lbs of Dry Reef Saver/60lbs of Dry Sand...
Ghstwolf is offline   Reply With Quote