View Single Post
Unread 08/06/2017, 04:23 AM   #11
JWClark
Registered Member

Note that Diver's Den and Live aquaria are different in this respect. Divers Den I have never had an issue with and the cold packs are taped to the lid. Live aquaria I always get DOA fish from cold packs on the bags in summer. I just don't order from the live aquaria site in the summer time anymore. Fish in fall, and spring are fine (never ordered in winter).

Have had DOA fish due to cold water 2 yrs in a row from Live Aquaria in the summer. The last time I know they put ice in a bag then put this on top of the fish. When I got the package the bag was empty and everything was cold and wet--and there was no cold pack. The guy on the phone stated they never use ice and that the shipper may have opened and put some ice in. He said this was a case where he was actually stumped. My guess is the left hand knows not what the right hand does. Had 4 fish in that order, all chilled to death.

Current Tank Info: Reefer 450 seed tank for the retirement 315gal Reef Savvy build.
JWClark is offline   Reply With Quote