View Single Post
Unread 10/06/2017, 02:56 PM   #11
Kinetic
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMOORE0324 View Post
Thanks so much for checking out my build! I appreciate your feedback regarding the 120DC pump. I will certainly have to check out the noise level. Although noise isn't a huge concern to me, kids, dog, cats, etc seem to drown out unwanted aquarium noises I've seen lots of reviews that say it's silent.

I love the VarioS pumps and I thought about going with the RO Elite 200 INT for a second but the foot print is just too big. I had already committed to my sump dimensions which were based off the Nyos footprint.

I HOPE to have the tank wet on Sunday so I'll report back with a noise observation. I don't have a decibel meter so it'll just be a anecdotal observation.
Yep, I've read probably all the same reviews. "Silent" is different for everyone so who knows really. I also wanted to get a RO Elite 150-SSS, but still way oversized for my tank. It would barely fit in the skimmer chamber, but probably won't be a good skimmer for the bioload and water volume.

I don't have a decibel meter either, but I use an iPhone app to do it. Might not be the best and most accurate / sensative, but it's consistent at least.

I should be getting some decibels back from Simplicity today, I'll update you on what they say. Crossing my fingers I just have a really bad pump and a replacement will solve everything.

Kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote