View Single Post
Unread 03/15/2016, 11:50 AM   #164
jroovers
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahin View Post
This thread needs a hugh photo bomb. Hope the tank is doing well my friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Indeed!! +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcom698 View Post
This tank has some awesome detail wow!

I too would love an update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coral102 View Post
WOW...cool design. Love it!!!
I do need to do an update, thanks for the comments! This tank has been through a lot of ups and downs the past 4 to 6 months, adding another family member to the brood really took away from tank time (and everything else lol). I had my RO unit go on me (which I didn't catch right away), nutrients spikes and crashes, resultant algae outbreaks, and green water lol. All things are pretty stable now, but I lost a lot of frags, and the ones that survived are taking a long time to come around. Things are stable now though thankfully, I just haven't seen any coral growth up until the last couple of weeks, so I'm essentially still at ground zero (about where I was a year ago really, but much wiser into the workings of my system). Going from a larger 120 to a much smaller 45 gallon tank really leaves a much narrower margin of error, which I found out about through the roller coaster of the past few months. At one point I actually thought of shutting it down, but with a touch more sleep, that crazy notion passed.

That said, I do have a bit more time now to devote to the tank, and I seem to be figuring it out. I will try and get and post some photos in the next week or so. Hoping to add some replacement frags soon now that things seem to be under control and my parameters stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcom698 View Post
What for 2 part dosing pump do you use.
I use the BRS dosers, they seem to do the job. At the moment though I'm dosing very little Alk and Ca, given that I don't really have any growing SPS That will change though in the coming months.