View Single Post
Unread 03/28/2016, 09:13 AM   #62
SpSChief85
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimwassef View Post
His lower body was paralyzed. Apparently, this is common in wrasses but most don't recover. I think it's a spinal injury from jumping or diving or darting and hitting something solid like a glass wall.

You know I can't be 100% sure than the shrimp+Selcon was responsible for it healing. It may have also been the Kale? Wrasses don't eat vegetables/plant/algae- do they?

I picked Kale as the most nutritious green leafy vegetable. I was worried that my fish wouldn't try something new since they are a little pampered with 4 sheets of Nori a day.

The surprise was my big regal blue hippo tang. It's a very healthy fish but incredibly shy! It will not come out if it sees anyone in front of the tank. But once we go, it comes out to eat and interact. It's a good community fish. So the surprise was when it nibbled the kale and then went a little nuts for it. I was coming closer.. Saw it see me and expected the usual hiding behavior, but it didn't. It kept eating. It was watching me but there was no leaving that kale.

My daughter ran up and gasped that the blue tang isn't scared any more? She actually could be inches away and it kept eating. Once the kale was gone... She disappeared again

I guess if there's a taste test for fish, it would be boldness to feed...
My yellow scroll wrasse eats nori alongside the yellow tang.