View Single Post
Unread 12/22/2009, 12:24 PM   #113
smp
Registered Member

That's a stunning design, well done. Execution is flawless.
One thing concerns me though, the dry pipe that you have the wiring running through. Are you concerned that water could get in there? I'm nervous about salt water and electricity. I prefer to keep all electrical outlets etc exterior of the stand, but that's just me.

Also, speaking from experience, you will get a lot of light spill from that pendant. It doesn't bother some people but when I had an open top, square tank with a pendant it did start to bother me. Your house looks really nice, and warm. The 'cool' lighting from that pendant will change the ambiance for lack of a better word, from warm (incandescents, halogens, whatever you have) to cool, blue light. Again, it doesn't bother some people but to me, I prefer warm light in my living space.

It's totally beautiful though in any case and you've incorporated the design into your home very appropriately. Well done!

Current Tank Info: 90 Gallon reef, 2 x 250 Pheonix 14k on icecaps, 2 x Aquascience 17.5 on workhorse, ER RS-135, Tunze ATO Kalk bucket, 30 Gallon sump, MRC CR1 reactor, 2 x phosban reactor (Rowa, Carbon), 2 x MJ Mod, mixed reef
smp is offline   Reply With Quote