View Single Post
Unread 09/30/2017, 04:07 PM   #15
BeachBum2012
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Reef View Post
My last build I made the sump to save money. It was functional, but it was missing the ability to run filter socks or other media. Also, having only a 4 foot tank, the 37" long breeder took up a lot of room.

As seen in the pick it was very crowded and I had all I could do to squeeze in a 5 gallon jug for my ato. This required my to add water twice a week. I also had to use thin containers for dosing.

The Trigger sump is shorter and their 10 gallon ato container ends up fitting perfectly which will hopefully give me a weeks worth of top off allowing for reduced maintenance while I'm away on vacation.

The only down side I see with the sump (btw quality is excellent) is chamber #1. The top where return connections attach is not removable. Therefore I see no easy way to clean it out as it will most likely develop detritus build up. I will have to develop a method for this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I had a thought on that that I had seen somewhere else. Could drill and install a smaller half inch bulkhead into that first chamber. Then run a half inch line off of the return with a valve. Crack open the valve weekly to blow all the detritus into the filter socks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BeachBum2012 is offline   Reply With Quote