View Single Post
Unread 10/24/2017, 08:37 AM   #1
FallenGalaxies
Registered Member

Exclamation HELP! Strange bubble on hammer after polyp bailout!

Hello,
This is my first time posting on these forums, although I've been lurkin' around for a while

Anyways, I've decided to join these now because I am absolutely stumped- and frankly really worried.

I went to the TFP/TPP Frag swap on Saturday. I was looking everywhere for a nice bird's nest- I had one when I first was setting up my tank, eight months ago, but I had a large crash. I got all of my parameters back down to 0 and headed down to Lancaster, where I picked up a few things (actually less than i had planned, but perhaps that is for the best)

I currently have a leather, frogspawn, and zoas in my tank. I picked up two small frogspawn colonies, a bunch of zoas,and two corals that I got as a 2 for 25 deal.
Now- the vendor who had the two for 25 had one clearly dying hammer in his tank and several other frags. All of the other frags seemed perfectly healthy, including a BEAUTIFUL cornbred's crown of thorns birdsnest. He wanted 25 for two or 15 for one, so I grabbed a closed hammer (not the dying one) and the birdsnest.

But, literally hours after I put it into the tank, the coral began polyp bailout, and the birdsnest started deteriorating. I believed that it was my flow, so I turned off 95% of the flow in my tank, since most of my corals are very low flow anyways.

On Monday I just upgraded to corallife t5 with two actinic and two daylights, just a little while after two of the three heads had completely died. I tried moving it, twice, now I have put it closer to the light.

But- here's the thing. I have moved it, and now it has this bubble around the last head, which appears to have also bailed. What is this? Had this ever happened to anyone? I am really confused, and worried for my other corals.

My other corals are well and thriving, including other euphyllias. Here are my params (I had a mini-spike after the hammer's bailout):

Salt: 1.025
Nitrite: 1.0
Nitrate: <10
Ammnia: 1.5
Phosphate: <.5
Calcium: 420
Ph: 8.3

Here's a video of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIab...ature=youtu.be

Thank you!

FallenGalaxies is offline   Reply With Quote