View Single Post
Unread 02/05/2015, 12:39 AM   #257
mhucasey
Acros & wieners, oh my!

Nice!!! Those are trending the right way for sure. I would keep an eye on the nitrate and not let it bottom out. As for the Phosphate, getting a reading on it has to be for "information only". When I switched over to the all-in-ones there was a bit of phosphate and low nitrate. I had to add nitrate for a month or so to keep it from bottoming out, then it stabilized about 2 ppm. No more dosing needed for at least two months now, and about the time of stabilization the tank started really humming.

I ran out of phosphate test packets about the time of stabilization and at that time tests were about 0.00 to 0.02. In my mind the nitrate value is a better indicator now, and of course the corals themselves. With phosphate low, the nitrate can't get totally stripped to nothing, and a portion of the phosphate is removed directly by the pellets. In any case, if I did a phosphate test now no matter what the number was I'd probably leave things as they are unless the corals started having issues.

I'm glad to hear things are stabilizing for you! Some pictures soon perhaps?

See my tank thread here: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2468548

Current Tank Info: 120 Gallon Rimless Starphire Shallow Reef. Reef Octopus Diablo EXT-200 skimmer, Chaeto Reactor, Lighting: ATI Sunpower 8X39W, 6X39W Sunpower
mhucasey is offline   Reply With Quote