View Single Post
Unread 07/12/2018, 12:45 PM   #10
Cancun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by down under View Post
Yes, my RCW is doing fine.... has settled into the tank nicely and spend the day cruising around amongst the live rock hunting for things to eat. I bought a double barred rabbitfish (DBRF) the same day as the RCW to try to deal with some outstanding hair algae issues (have been dosing with NO3-PO4-X to reduce NP levels) but unfortunately the DBRF didn't settle in has now been replaced with a small kole tang (KT) which is performing algae duty like a trooper (though ignoring the nori clip I have provided).

I have today removed some of the live rock in the tank to give the kole tang more room to swim and, yes, may need to upgrade to a larger tank in the future as has been suggested. I have identified a corner of my tank near the overflow where I can create a partial sandbed for the RCW but so far he/she seems unstressed and am a bit worried about nutrient buildup with a sandbed.

So, all in all, am enjoying the RCW and the kole tang very much ATM ... I have a pair of clowns hosting in a goniopora and watching them interact with the new introductions has been a lot of fun.

PS ... a quick (not so good) snap of my RCW taken with iphone is attached fyi.
Glad to hear he is doing great!! Nice pic!

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL
Cancun is offline   Reply With Quote