View Single Post
Unread 08/04/2010, 07:51 PM   #1258
weese3
Registered Member

Well I decided to take the AF plunge today :-) I have been trying to pull and scrub as much of the GHA off my rocks as I can, but it would grow right back... Even with close to 350 scarlet leg hermit crabs, 40 Mexican Turbo snails and tons of other snails and crabs. I have a 280G all SPS display, 24G all LPS display and a 110G sump. I have a Hammerhead Gold running on my Closed loop on the 280G aswell as a pair of Tunze 6205's and 3 Koralia Nano's running in the 24G. I am running a Hammerhead gold wide open from the sump in the basement to the 280 1 floor above, so flow is not an issue :-) I run GFO, Carbon, Ozone and a Sulpher denitrator for water polishing, and an MRC-7 skimmer fed with a Hammerhead.. I dose for CA, MG, Alk, Kalk and Min-s, A-min and Organic all from Fauna Marin... I am usually gone on the road almost all week, so my fish get fed very little by my (disgruntled with the tank) wife and I may be guilty of overfeeding slightly on the weekends, but not too much :-) I am thinking the GHA is growing off PO4 and PO3 being leached out of my Totoka live rock because it doesn't grow anywhere else or on anything else....

My Params are:
Temp 78
PH 8.15
CA 430
MG 1430
Alk 7.7-8.1
Potassium 390-410
PO4 0.0
PO3 0.0

If i have forgotten anything else you want to know feel free to ask, and I will keep you all posted on how things work out for me :-)

Adam

weese3 is offline   Reply With Quote