View Single Post
Unread 02/13/2012, 09:07 PM   #138
spsreeflover
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball View Post
Anton, the colour is actually richer in a sense that the MH tends to wash out some of the colour because of the saturation levels of the white light. Our MH/T5's run about 13.5 K and there is still a hint of yellow in the water compared to the LED's. We have had a number of professionals fly in to see the tank and without exception they have been overwhelmed with the health and growth rate of the SPS in our tank for one year from the start.

I'm not in the business Anton so I have only the hobbyist perspective here but for me, LED's are a best practice for the health, growth and colour of our reef inhabitants. There are too many advantages in my opinion to rule out MH/T5's on a new build. This is a case where the costs are going down and the quality is going up. That's a technology pattern that spells success for the consumer in my books especially when the practice and experience produces the results that we appear to be getting in this tank.

Recently, after we put the latest version of the newest LED's over the tank Mr. Wilson and I sat in front of the display tank mesmerized by the aesthetic that we were seeing. For me it was a WOW, for Mr. Wilson it was a long silence.....something that is not usual for him!!!!!

Peter
Hi Peter and Shawn, you'r right LED is Best for growth rate, Low energy consumption, color ( is must be good because PAR value higher than MH and T5 ) probably i am wrong making justice to your tank, must see it in person is the best . thanks

spsreeflover is offline   Reply With Quote