View Single Post
Unread 11/10/2017, 06:54 PM   #3
Lsufan
Registered Member

They have to many things to list but it is a great time to start a tank because u can save a bunch of money on equipment for Black Friday.

I would recommend doing a lot of research one thing at a time. Being Black Friday is around the corner I would start with equipment like lights, skimmer, return pump & wavemakers so u can get them on sale for Black Friday. Once u figure out your equipment list then move on to the sump if u plan on having one. With the sump u will need to decide how big of one u can fit, If u want to have a refugium & if u want to use socks or not.

Then I would decide on the overflow & drain setup u want to use. I would recommend a beananimal drain setup with as long of a overflow box as possible.

U will have to decide if u want to start with dry rock or live rock from somewhere like Tampa bar saltwater. Decide on the type of sand u want to use.

Do a little research on each so u can get a idea what you would like. Once u have a idea then post your questions & u should be able to get the help u need. If u have a idea before posting your questions u will understand the responses u get better & will be able to make the right decision based on your needs.

This is a great forum for learning about the hobby. Most of what I know I learned from this forum.

Last edited by Lsufan; 11/11/2017 at 12:43 AM.
Lsufan is offline   Reply With Quote