View Single Post
Unread 12/28/2012, 12:27 PM   #1458
d2mini
Registered Member

Oh so it's just dependant on the display volume? Didn't realize that.

Sometime after taking the pics i ended up with water down the tube again (after a few days of it being ok) so I actually had to open it up just slightly. I guess what I'm curious about it why I was able to get a full cup of medium to dark tea colored skim in a week without the tube connected, and now I can barely get an inch in that time, although darker/drier. Also, I don't seem to be able to get it any wetter if I wanted to. As I was saying earlier, this current position of the wedge pipe seems to be the absolute max I can close it.

I've been fighting nitrates of at least 6-12 range so I was trying to maximize my skimming. I was skimming wetter with the tube disconnected and this seemed to be helping. Now I'm worried that with the tube connected and getting hardly any skim that the nitrates may rise again. Then again, I may not fully understand what's happening, as I admitted being skimmer challenged in my OP.

Thanks!

Elos Diamond 120xl | Elos Stand | Radion G4 Pros | GHL Profilux Controller | LifeReef Skimmer | LifeReef Sump
Photos taken with a Nikon D750 or Leica M.
d2mini is offline   Reply With Quote