View Single Post
Unread 08/19/2011, 10:40 PM   #36
SunkAA
Registered Member

I know its not a royal gramma, but probably my favorite gramma has to be the blackcap basslet. It took me three tries to get one over here (in Seattle) alive. None of my LFS carried one. Once this guy got settled in my old FOWLR tank he was like a bandit in the night. Zinging in and out of the holes in the LR to snatch food from the water column. He was in there with some big boys (Purple Tang and a Blue Throat Trigger). When I decided to make a tank transition and moved out my tang, trigger and flame angel, this dude got a serious Boss complex. Started taking over the tank! Sadly he perished on Christmas day when I captured him and held him in a fish trap container in the DT. He was brutalizing a fathead anthias! He still is one of my top five fish, but other secretive fish, who hang in the LR he just did not tolerate.