View Single Post
Unread 02/07/2012, 05:38 PM   #959
Spuzzum
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelatx View Post
Yes all the individual parts are working, (excluding the ethernet, that's later) I have been able to get Spuzzum's ADC test code to work, and I'm able to add the clock to that code and it displays. I can load the typhon code, and it displays the normal menu (but of course the buttons don't work.)

The Typhon code uses a "CheckButtonAction" or some other method to catch the key presses on individual pins. The ADC keyboard uses the i2c bus and I'm having trouble sending (catching) something the old code can understand. I can post code samples once I get home, if that will help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by der_wille_zur_macht View Post
Yeah, code samples would help. Maybe Spizzum will come along and offer some guidance. This is one thing I haven't yet done on this controller.
My apologies for being MIA.. I'm having to move and it's stressing me out

As far as I can tell with the ADC keys and the Typhon script...

Down where the menu options start, you need to configure a "case" instance for each command you want to achieve, and assign whatever function to whatever key. This would lead to empty commands for unused buttons within the "case".

Sorry for lack of better terms.. I'm not a coder

As for what I did with the version of Typhon I'm working on.. I just disabled the backlight PWM, and renamed it lcdDelay, and readjusted the lines in the script calling for "bkl".. as I want all 6 PWM channels, and will control backlight with a push switch instead.. up for off: signal goes through resistor to backlight pin, down for on: signal bypasses resistor straight to backlight pin. I'm also planning a thumb-turn trimpot to adjust the maximum brightness as well.

I did make the Deuligne lcd adapter, and that freed up 2 PWM pins and a few more digital pins as well.

Other than that.. I'm still using DWZM's keys.. it was easier .

Oh.. I also created a master on/off time, then set the eeprom to only save the master start time, master end time, master photoperiod, and each individual max intensity levels. Everything else is done in the script.. I manually set each channel's fade start/end times according to the previous channel's times, so if I change the photoperiod via the menu controls then do a reset.. it adjusts each channel's photoperiods accordingly. This freed up tons of memory.. I found it would freeze up with full menu items for all 6 channels. I also noticed the display would flicker when the minute changed, and even seconds would seem to stutter.. not really in time, with all 6 channels in memory. Now.. it runs smoooooth .

Spuzzum is offline   Reply With Quote