Thread: Strange algae
View Single Post
Unread 09/26/2017, 09:28 PM   #1
cflow
Registered Member

Strange algae

I've been using AF products for about 2 months now and a strange green-brown algae started growing. It's not cyano, but there is some slime like strings floating around. Maybe a bryopsis. I really hope it's not dinos. The only harm is has caused so far is it seems to be growing on a granulosa frag that wasn't doing so good. I'm not entirely sure it's still alive. PO4 ~0- hanna, NO3 ~5 -salifert. Nitrate down from 20 about a month ago. I'm slowly introducing zeolite media. I also added 2 Liters of siporax with the intention of slowing removing my live rock from my sump. I started dosing Build twice weekly, and amino acids, power food, and energy once weekly. The algae seems to have a bio-like film in it that reminds me of the "mulm" that builds up using zeovit. Zeozym and coral snow would normally break it down. Is there an AF product to combat this? I've started cutting back on my photoperiod and intensity. Thinking about investing in a sea hare. Any suggestions? Im afraid to keep dosing any additives at this point.

cflow is offline   Reply With Quote