View Single Post
Unread 03/10/2011, 03:39 PM   #8
Allmost
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Holmes-Farley View Post
well RO/DI water does, that is why you are advised not to drink it !! it will harm you liver and stomach and can burn ...

No, you misunderstood his distinction. Water at room temperature does not degrade polyethylene plastic (as in a Rubbermaid Brute can). Zero. Nada. Absolutely positively zero degradation.

But impurities on or in the plastic, added intentionally or from a bird in the store crapping on it, those are what can come off.

Most of those will be readily removed by a single cleaning, if you are concerned, and that is a fine plan. Such impurities cannot and will not provide a substantial ongoing source of problematic phosphate.

Also, please do not scare monger. Drinking pure DI water does not hurt your liver. Please read any of the hundreds of threads on this topic in this forum and others at Reef Central.
I didnt mean it will degrade the pastic and break it in half, I meant it will pull out the PO4 within the plastic, as you said, impurities added to the plastic in manufacturing and ....
(sorry, my English is not that good, so maybe I use the wrong words once in a while, please try to see the bigger pic Im asking about)

about problematic po4 ... well Id like to get as clean as I can I know this po4 wont crash my SPS tank, but life would be better without it, no ? or do we want some impurities ? my tap water has po4 of 0.07 PPM ! I use a RO/DI unit to lower that

also about drinking DI water ... DI water is aggressive, I hope we can agree on this ? it will even pull out impurities from AIR, right ? if so, then what makes you think it will not do the same once you drink it ? it is going to pull stuff out of our body ...

Last edited by Allmost; 03/10/2011 at 03:51 PM.
Allmost is offline   Reply With Quote