View Single Post
Unread 10/08/2011, 10:26 PM   #17
cherubfish pair
Registered Member

My equipment fits pretty tight and I still haven't got the IceProbe in yet. Hopefully I will get by with just fans for cooling.

On the far side of the pic is the drop-in wet/dry trickle filter for ten gallon sump from Poor Boy Aquatics. Not standard for reef tanks, I know, but the nitrate factory it is will have the bulk of it's nitrate denitrified by the deep sand bed (DSB) through natural nitrate reduction (NNR). A six inch deep sand bed should be enough and if it traps too much crud, I can always reduce the depth of sand or take it out completely.

In the middle of the pic is the protein skimmer. An Eshopps PSK-75 in-sump. Can't wait to see it in action!

Left side front of pic, Mag-drive 2 for return that runs through a media reactor before being pumped back to the display. It's a DIY kit from Avast and just the reaction chamber and top plate show in the picture. I haven't started building it yeti. It will house granulated activated carbon (GAC).

Thanks for looking at my build thread and subscribe to it if you already haven't yet!

Current Tank Info: thirty rimless
cherubfish pair is offline   Reply With Quote