Thread: Minh 320 Reboot
View Single Post
Unread 02/04/2018, 10:56 PM   #1
OrionN
Moved on

Minh 320 Reboot

I started my 320 DT system back in 2013. Build thread was here:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...ghlight=orionn

Anyway my tank crashed because a concern citizen came over to my house and turn my generator off after Hurricane Harvey. The house next door, empty because the elderly couple there just move to retirement home earlier that month, got a branch fell on their gas meter and cause a leak. Best I can determine, whoever turn my generator off though that my gas was leaking.

Fortunately I got home about 24 hrs after the gas was shut off. I lost all of my fish, my large T. gigas and all my SPS. Got a few LPS to live and all of my anemones survived the ordeal. They are at my friend's tank here in Corpus Christi.

Fast forward, to this last weekend, I get to spend the weekend clean and re-plumped the tank. I got everything out of my fish room. I set it up to breed clowns but I don't think I will again. Leave more room for my reef.

I removed all the rock and dead corals and put these rock in the corpus Christi Bay several weeks ago. When the time come, I will fish them out and put them into the tank.

This is where I will document the progress of this tank.

Fill with fresh water after re-plumped. Now need a scrub and start with rock and salt water. There is a slight leak in the return line. Will get it fix tomorrow.

BTW, I installed a camera looking right at my generator. I will know if the generator is running or not at all time when I am not home. Hope this will help with this particular problem. I really anticipated everything but not the contingent that somebody turn my generator off. I was thinking of putting a lock on the generator gas valve, but decided not to do this. I am sure there are time we want to turn off the gas in a hurry.

Pictures of the sump and new plumping in the back

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Testing.jpg (29.8 KB, 1800 views)
File Type: jpg Testing 2.jpg (60.0 KB, 1803 views)
File Type: jpg Testing 3.jpg (43.1 KB, 1773 views)

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is online now   Reply With Quote