View Single Post
Unread 01/02/2016, 02:22 AM   #2451
Quiet_Ivy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimwassef View Post
There are plenty of things we haven't tried yet. For example, how about a water transfusion?

Or a sand transfusion.

I still like the lightem and trashem dino trap idea.
I guess I should post more, I tend not to put up the stuff that didn't work..

I've tried all those with no success against O. ovata. Well, not the UV, but I did run dark except for my 'sump' lit 24/7 with trap material. After 5 days or so the floss wasn't catching much. Dinos returned within 2 days, and now do not seem to respond to lights out at all.

Also was given about 5kg extremely live rock from a running system with no issues. It's been slowly dying back over the last 2 months. No results from 'dosing' large amounts of live skimmate from several large tanks either.

Repeated the above with a small (maybe 500g?) amount of live sand from a different, huge, established system. It died off also.

hth
ivy

Current Tank Info: 28g aio, 105 watt CF lights, no sump or skimmer. 2 sexy shrimp, tiny frogspawn, tiny toadstool, tiny lps. Started Feb '15
Quiet_Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote