View Single Post
Unread 04/20/2021, 05:14 AM   #479
vlangel
Registered Member

Hhm, I must be experiencing a Sr moment. I thought sure I posted on the frag swap a detailed description. Ha ha, maybe I did not hit quick reply after I typed it up, who knows?

Anyway the frag swap was a lot more fun than I anticipated. Usually I don't see the simpler stuff that I am interested in and although the high end stuff is beautiful, its a long drive just to look.

However I wanted some FL ricordia and there were some for a good price. My sharp eyed hubby saw one plug with 2 different colors on it and the vendor gave it to me for $20 and I was happy with that.
We also got quite a few free samples of Spectrum Life food for coming in the door. Food for both coral and fish. The fish food has a probiotic in it so that seems like a good thing. I bought a handbook on different fish species and although a lot of that info can be found online, this particular book was one we used at the lfs that I worked at from the 90s and I know that it is an oldie but goodie. Its just the right size and it was used and cheap too. I picked up some blue legged reef crabs and she gave me a very generous amount and they are doing a good job in both the fuge and display. I also got 2 peppermint shrimp to add to the fuge.

The most fun part of the day was the raffle however. If you bought a minimum of 10 raffle ticket you got a container of Spectrum Life food, which probably cost close to $10, (each ticket was a dollar). Dave and I each bought a string of 10. We had scoped out the prizes ahead of time and again my sharp eyed hubby spotted an inconspicuous prize of a wooden seahorse plaque. I had seen it too but was going to try and get more for my tickets. As it turns out though Dave noticed that a $50 gift card to one of the vendors that I liked came with it!!! Woohoo. There were very few tickets in it either. We put a few tickets in and then watched until it was almost time for the raffle before committing the rest of our tickets. It was so funny the 2 of us watching intently every person walk by that item. In the end, that gift got overlooked by most just like I had done. We added the rest of our ticket and waited for it to be raffled. And amazingly we won! So, I got 2 gorgs (sadly of which 1 died the next day) plus the seahorse plaque. I am going to add some color to the plaque and hang it in our enclosed screened porch where the hot tub is. That area has other seahorse decor so it will be nice out there. I was sad to see all the flesh of the one gorg on the sand the next morning which was a bummer. The bag it was in was cloudy by the time we got home so maybe it just was never healthy. The other one looks good however and is a nice addition. The new ricordia have also settled in nicely. So that is our frag swap experience.

Now to make sure I hit REPLY, LOL!

Genesis 1:20 -

Current Tank Info: A 56 gallon naural nutrient macro reef that flows into a 30 gallon fuge with macros/seagrass that flows into a 20 gallon sump.
vlangel is offline   Reply With Quote