View Single Post
Unread 05/29/2010, 04:00 AM   #2684
greg1982
Registered Member

Post I need your help

Hello, I have had a fresh water tanks for quite a while but have always wanted a marine tank that being said I need some advice. I have a 55 gal that I plan to use for the setup. After realizing he was in over his head and did't have a sufficient tank for his shrimp his anemone and his snail he gave them to me......in a 5.5 gallon tank. No need to tell me its much to amall i already know which is why im here but i had rescue them. I have a 55 gal and I ned some tips on setting it up without going broke doing it. the tank he gave me has one anemone, a coral banded shrimp a turbo snail and one piece of live rock. I am currently in the process of looking for live rock. but have some questions. How many pounds do I need and is there any recomendations on a type. what is the best salt mix to use and when first setting it up is it ok to mix the salt in the tank. what kind of filter should I use or does anyone have plans on how to make one. do I need a protein skimmer. I plan to add a couple clown fish maybe some corals in the distant future and some other fish but for now I just need to get the shrimp and anemonee happy. Im open to any suggestions. thanks and feel free to email mcroberts.gregory@yahoo.com

greg1982 is offline   Reply With Quote